Defense Lawyer in Cologne
When one should engage a defense lawyer
You or your company are charged with a criminal offense or an administrative offense, respectively?
In such a situation, it is important to have someone at your side, you can rely on and who commands his profession.
Dr. Dirk Schlei
What makes me stand out as a defense lawyer
Seniority and Experience
I have been admitted to the bar since 1995 – first in Düsseldorf, later in Cologne. I have great seniority, and experience in criminal defense. This enables me to act at eye level with the police, the public prosecutor’s office and the court: extremely committed and – whenever necessary – combative.
Competence by specialisation
As a lawyer for criminal law in Cologne, criminal defense is my exclusive field of activity.
Please read the reviews by my clients.
Maintaining competence through further training
Since the successful completion of the specialist lawyer training for criminal law, I have been constantly fostering my special knowledge of criminal law – among other things by attending advanced training events several times a year.
How would I conduct your criminal defense?
At first: accurate determination of the facts by intense discussion with you, the client, comprehensive study of the files and, if necessary, own investigations.
In a second step: exact analysis of the material legal situation and reasonable assessment of the proceedings to be expected.
Finally: joint determination of how to proceed, in particular: the most promising defense strategy.
Experience & English,
Education & Trainings
Criminal defense in numerous cases, inter alia white-collar offenses of the following kind:
- forgery of documents
- hiding unlawfully obtained assets
- money laundering
- non-payment and breach of trust concerning wages and salaries
- violation of accounting duties
- violation of compulsory insurance law
- violation of duty to request to open insolvency proceedings
- Fluent English, also proven in numerous international legal disputes including criminal proceedings.
- Several months traineeship at attorneys Moore & Van Allen, Charlotte, USA.
- Doctorate to the Doctor of Rights.
- Studies of law in Freiburg, Germany.
- Legal clerkship inter alia at the Tax Court Duesseldorf, Germany.
- Trader examinations on the energy exchanges EEX (Leipzig, Germany) and EPEX (Paris, France).
- Specialist training criminal law.
- Specialist training tax law.
- Notary training corporate law.
- Confiscation and deprivation of criminal proceeds.
How to get into contact
Phone: +49 2236 876490
Fax: +49 2236 876491
New: Meetings will take place in Cologne’s city center